Friday, May 30, 2014

Writers' thoughts on moving back home...

(Photo: Mike Sinclair, "Back Where I Belong")
"I also came to realize that what I needed as a free-spirited 15-year-old boy was not what I needed as a 45-year-old man with a wife and kids. My parents, cousins, nieces, and nephews wanted me there, and I longed to be there as well. I never regretted having left in my youth, but now Ruthie had shown me why it was time to come home." -- Rod Dreher, Back Where I Belong

---

" But beneath that anxiety is a sense of openness, a gentle whisper that it's time. My mom isn't getting younger, and she doesn't have other family nearby. SF is crazy expensive and I don't have a full-time job or partner tethering me there. I'm ready for something new (but old!). Ready to try living near my home base again, being closer to my closest friends again. Ready for grey skies and red brick and dead winters and sticky summers. San Francisco will always be here...." -- Laura Barcella, I'm Moving Back to My Hometown and Am Pretty Damn Freaked Out About It

No comments:

Post a Comment